Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Re: [nafex] Bay Laurel in 6B

I am in 6"c"/ 7a in central Virginia, and my Bay is an outdoor summer
plant only.  It's pot comes in for the winter.  I also blanket my
rosemary plants when the weather turns very cold with winds.  I lose my
pastured figs, the potted ones are okay because they stay in an unheated
garage for the winter weather.

Barbara R

Central Virginia Z6c/7a

On 11/21/2020 7:12 PM, nafex-request@lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
>
> Re: [nafex] Bay Laurel in 6B.eml
>
> Subject:
> Re: [nafex] Bay Laurel in 6B
> From:
> Elizabeth Hilborn <ehilborn@mebtel.net>
> Date:
> 11/21/2020, 6:15 PM
>
> To:
> nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
>
>
>
> I grow Bay laurel in zone 7a in a large pot on the south side of my
> house next to a concrete wall. I have kept it through 4 winters, but
> it, like my Rosemary gets a blanket if the temperature drops below 25
> degrees F.
>
> On 11/21/2020 5:06 PM, Chris Garriss wrote:
>> While I have had no problem 9 years out of 10 with rosemary in NC 7A, I
>> lost every Bay Laurel I ever tried.  I had rosemary survive to the point
>> the main trunk on several plants was about 3 inches in diameter. 
>> Then we
>> got one of our freak cold snaps which killed the Rosemarys, figs to the
>> ground (they resprout fine).
>>
>> Good luck.
>
> --
> Elizabeth Hilborn, DVM
> Bee Well Mobile Veterinary Services, PLLC
> beewellvet.com
__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment