Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Re: [nafex] Bay Laurel in 6B

I grow Bay laurel in zone 7a in a large pot on the south side of my
house next to a concrete wall. I have kept it through 4 winters, but it,
like my Rosemary gets a blanket if the temperature drops below 25 degrees F.

On 11/21/2020 5:06 PM, Chris Garriss wrote:
> While I have had no problem 9 years out of 10 with rosemary in NC 7A, I
> lost every Bay Laurel I ever tried. I had rosemary survive to the point
> the main trunk on several plants was about 3 inches in diameter. Then we
> got one of our freak cold snaps which killed the Rosemarys, figs to the
> ground (they resprout fine).
>
> Good luck.

--
Elizabeth Hilborn, DVM
Bee Well Mobile Veterinary Services, PLLC
beewellvet.com

__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment