Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Friday, January 27, 2017

Re: [nafex] деревянные черенки просил

Holy shit Batman! 98 different varieties of various species,
unbelievable. Are they establishing a fruiting botanical repository?
They have ordered before so apparently they have the ability to pay.

I'm quite certain MB 3 is not a hybrid, rather an open pollinated
seedling of Morris Burton that John Gordon selected from seeds he
planted. I have it here and I'm not impressed because it is very late.
Some of the fruit is still on the ground and I don't see much deer
activity around it, nothing like deer Candy although location could have
a bearing. The fruit is large and colorful flavor good but I do not
believe it's a hybrid. In fact I'm planning on cutting my tree down to
make space for pawpaws.

I really question many persimmon that are being called hybrids. For
example I've seen it claimed that Keener is a hybrid, and I don't see
it. Anyway!

Below is the list of material he has requested that I can help you with
if you don't have it. 275-69 and 275-70 is in very short supply as they
are located next to the driveway going straight back to the orchard and
in shade part of the day. I plan on grafting it here this spring which
will require my holding at least one stick of wood for myself of each. I
wonder if 250-48 is a mistake, someone getting the numbers mixed up. I
do have such a tree but I don't recall calling attention to it. Just
checked my field notes, generally it is average to large but none of the
notes say exceptional taste. I hate to start distributing average
material if the buyer believes it is superior. If he is just looking for
genetic diversity then that would be okay. It is a Davis X SN-15 cross.

Jerry

On 1/27/2017 12:20 AM, England's Orchard and NUrseryEngland's Orchard
and NUrsery wrote:
>
> PAWPAWS:
>
> 1. 250-39;
>
> 2. 250-48;
>
> 3. 275-48;
>
> .4. 250-30;
>
> 5. 275-17;
>
> 28. 275-56;
>
> 42. 275-69;
>
> 43. 275-70;
>
> PERSIMMONS – Virginiana (V):
>
> 44. H-120 (V);
>
> 45. Lena / Mitchellena (V);
>
> 46. Mohler (V);
>
> 47. 100-47 (V);
>
> 48. NC-10 (V);
>
> 49. U20A Celebrity (V);
>
> 50. Wonderful (V);
>
> PERSIMMONS - Hybrids Virginiana X Kaki (V x K):
>
> 50. Morris Burton # 3 (V x K);
>
>

__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment