Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Thursday, January 5, 2017

[nafex] Early figs

Alan: Yeah! Me too! cutting for me, too? We put plant, root ball,
and all in my unheated barn until spring, but am on the lookout for
early varieties.

While we are on the subject I wonder what size in ground container is?
Our huge above ground containers are too much to dig up without a backhoe.

Barbara Rosholdt
rosholdt@erols.com
Z7a Central VA (they keep telling me it's 6, but I'm ignoring them)

--------------------------------------------------
On 1/5/2017 8:42 AM, nafex-request@lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Ha Alan I suspect you just piqued the interest of at least a few fig
hoarders (myself included)

Please let us know name/source, or if you would be willing to spare a
cutting or two.

-Pete

Pete Chrisbacher

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 8:12 AM, mark wessel<growyourown@earthlink.net>
wrote:

Do you have a Name for this variety? Is it available on the market?

On Jan 5, 2017, at 5:27 AM, Alan Haigh<alandhaigh@gmail.com> wrote:

There is at least a couple of varieties brought to this country via Italy
that are grown in the Bronx and ripen as early as LSU Purple. I have one
and it is somewhat larger and much more prolific for me than either LSU
purple or Hardy Chicago. My LSU Purple ripens at the same time as Hardy
Chicago as well, so maybe you are talking about another one of their
selections.
__________________

__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment