Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Re: [nafex] Potted Arbequina Olive

> On Apr 4, 2019, at 6:31 PM, Peter Chrisbacher <pxbacher@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> How old is your tree, mIEKAL? I get fresh olives at the farmers market in
> the fall and use the multiple changes of water soak de-bittering method. My
> favorite brine was one with ramps (dehydrated in the spring), lemon thyme
> and bay leaves. I wish I could get them cheaper here in South East PA.
> Hopefully from my tree!
>
> -Pete

Are they locally grown in SE PA, Pete? or is it not a local-only market?

If they are locally grown, I wonder whether there's any olives that would manage another state north.

-- Rivka; Finger Lakes NY, Zone 6A now I think
Fresh-market organic produce, small scale




__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment