Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Monday, April 1, 2019

Re: [nafex] list is alive!

> On Apr 1, 2019, at 2:39 PM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>>
> I had forgotten about the issue with non gmail accounts. I am sure Google
> has their reasons for this. I found this option and am curious whether it
> works, it would be really useful to know.
> It supposedly allows you to use your current email address (i.e. a
> non-Gmail one) to create the required Google account without having to have
> a Gmail email address.
> https://accounts.google.com/signup/v2/webcreateaccount?continue=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.google.com%2FManageAccount&flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=SignUp
> This must work and is acceptable to those who use this method because I
> just created a new Google Group for the people who were subscribed to
> Sanet-MG which has now ended. I just looked at the member list and ovr one
> third of subscribers have non Gmail addresses.
> Would you try this out and let me know if it works for you?
> NAFE is an experiment to see if the webforum format option for a Google
> Group works for people and is at all useful.
> Non gmail users not being able to use Groups is unacceptable so there must
> be a workaround.
>

You're misunderstood me. The issue isn't that I can't create a Google account. The issue is that I don't want to create a Google account.

I'm trying to as much as possible minimize the number of accounts I have online. I would rather not get tangled up with Facebook, with Google, with any of these people. Avoiding them entirely and still having reasonable communications may not be possible, but I don't want to do any more of it than I have to.

Please do not create any accounts for me anywhere without my explicit agreement -- in fact if it's possible for you to do that, that would be pretty unnerving.


-- Rivka; Finger Lakes NY, Zone 6A now I think
Fresh-market organic produce, small scale




__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment