Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Sunday, April 7, 2019

[nafex] M41 apple rootstock and rocks

I'm trying to plant an apple on m41. Everywhere i dig, I come across rocks too large to remove from the hole. Do I need to keep digging in new places until I find a relatively rock-free patch of land? That's a big ask, in my small New England yard with lots of shade.

The rocks are about a foot down. It's not a solid ledge. In theory, an industrious tree could spread its roots between and around them. I think. But is m41 that kind of root stock?

One way or another, the tree will be planted today.

Thanks
--
Ginda
Eastern Mass, zone 6
typed with Swype, who knows what I intended.
__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment