Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Friday, March 25, 2016

Re: [nafex] Gennadiy's picture

Hi Jerry -

I received the "ATTACHED" small photo in your email quoted below. I did
not see/receive an embedded photo.

I have not received the high-quality photo at all. I do not believe it is
GMail that is filtering out the photo on MY end, as I often email myself
fairly large photos, and as I understand it, GMail's attachment size limit
is 25MB.

I hope that helps, but I suspect it may actually make things more
confusing... :-\

-Pete


Pete Chrisbacher

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Scott Weber and Muffy Barrett <
bluestem_farm@juno.com> wrote:

> Got it, Jerry.
>
> ---------- Original Message ----------
>
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I really appreciate that Lawrence is working with us and is keeping a
> close eye on the net. When I write emails I use Mozilla Foxfire then
> when I send it goes to Gmail and then they forward to ibiblio. I went to
> attach that picture and got the following message from Mozilla Foxfire,
> "Many email servers do not accept messages with large file attachments.
> The file size restriction varies depending on the mail server
> configuration. While you might be able to send a message with a large
> attachment, the receiving mail server might refuse to accept a message
> with a large attachment. This is all beyond the control of Thunderbird".
>
> The file size of that picture was 1.38 MB so I opened it with _Picture
> It_ software and compressed it reducing the size to 25 kB, that's quite
> a reduction. I hope the picture quality and definition is acceptable, we
> shall see. On the last send of the picture some of you reported you did
> receive it some of you didn't which tells me, after thinking about it,
> that Gmail is passing it on and IBIBLIO is passing it on and the problem
> is in servers after ibiblio. Will those of you that reported not
> receiving it please let me know if you received the smaller size and
> received the attachment. Then I will have learned that in the future I
> need to compress pictures before I send them and shame on me for not
> having learned this before. I guess some folks are slow learners. :-)
>
> I've embed the picture again from the 25 kB size and also attach it and
> lets see what happens. So again the picture is of Gennadiy Eremin and
> his son Victor taken in Krymsk, Russia at the Krymsk breeding Station in
> their peach test plot.
>
>
>
>
>
> Jerry L
> ____________________________________________________________
> Wall Street Daily
> Peter Schiff: China Just Armed its Financial Missile
> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/56f55f1a5172d5f1a4f87st02duc
> __________________
> nafex mailing list
> nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
> Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
> subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex
>
__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment