Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Sunday, March 20, 2016

[nafex] Alan queries: Re: nafex Digest, Vol 173, Issue 14

Alan queries:

So Fluffy, it sounds like a valuable tree- why are you done with it?

My reply:

We normally get our first hard frost/freeze by Oct 15th, I think I have only gotten 2-3 harvests in the 20 some years I have grown it. It is simply too late here. I might graft it to Krystk 1 (nothing I have read so far says that peach was found to be incomparable, though circa 2002-2005 it seems there were open concerns; however I may not have read far enough yet.) and plant it against my south facing brick wall. The peach I have there now (Belle of Georgia - so yummy)seems 3 weeks ahead of its clone parent.

If you want to try it, I'll see if it has broke yet or can hard prune it to push wood for you for next year.

Nice to hear from you Alan.

Your friend,

fluffy

--- alandhaigh@gmail.com wrote:

From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Re: [nafex] nafex Digest, Vol 173, Issue 14
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 19:53:24 -0400

So Fluffy, it sounds like a valuable tree- why are you done with it?


Re:

> On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 11:04 PM, fuwa fuwa usagi <
> fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a peach (it was suppose to be a Reliance but it actually tasted
> > good (the few times I got a ripe one off of it), it ripes late Oct to mid
> > November here in zone 5a/4b. Quite a tough tree too, it is 20 years old
> > and vigorous. this might be the last year I keep it, so let me know if
> you
> > want a scion. They may have broken now, not sure...the peaches are
> huge...
> >
> > the fluffy one
> >


_____________________________________________________________
The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====
__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment