Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Monday, March 21, 2016

Re: [nafex] Alan queries: Re: nafex Digest, Vol 173, Issue 14

On 3/20/2016 10:24 PM, fuwa fuwa usagi wrote:
> We normally get our first hard frost/freeze by Oct 15th, I think I
> have only gotten 2-3 harvests in the 20 some years I have grown it. It
> is simply too late here. I might graft it to Krystk 1 (nothing I have
> read so far says that peach was found to be incomparable, though circa
> 2002-2005 it seems there were open concerns; however I may not have
> read far enough yet.) and plant it against my south facing brick wall.
> The peach I have there now (Belle of Georgia - so yummy)seems 3 weeks
> ahead of its clone parent.
Good Morning Mr. Fluffy,

The Lord knows I'm among the worlds worst spellers and if it weren't for
being a trademarked name I wouldn't point out the error. Krymsk 1 was
bred by Gennadiy Ereman of Krymsk Russia and the original designator
which was a breeder cultivar number was changed to Krymsk series for the
US markets. If there actually is a Krystk series I'm going to be
embarrassed, but it wouldn't be the 1st time. Yes, one of the imported
Krymsk rootstocks did have peach incompatibility problems but I don't
believe it was Krymsk 1 and I would have to check my records to find
which one it was.

Have a good week,

Jerry


__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment