Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Friday, November 6, 2015

Re: [nafex] [ARTICLES] Honeycrisp discussions in media

*I agree with the Keepsake plaudits. Had 3 apples 2 years ago and couldn't
really make a statement. Last year, my 30 plus apples were stolen - in late
October as I had left the apples on the tree too long. This year, I picked
and tasted my 40 apple crop in early October; it quickly became my favorite
sweet apple. Firm, jucy and quite pest resistant - but then I bag my
apples.I grafted Macoun 4-5 years ago because it was, at that time, my
favorite for sweetness. It has yet to bear so I am unable to compare it to
others in my specific environment; likewise with honeycrisp. Cox's Orange
Pippen is right up there.*

*john b*

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Naomi Counides <naomi@oznayim.us> wrote:

> I have enjoyed my Keepsake for many years. Really nice hard crunch and
> plenty of flavor. Don't know about keeping, since I ate it too fast.
> Naomi
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nafex [mailto:nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of david
> liezen
> Sent: Friday, November 6, 2015 10:12 AM
> To: North American Fruit Explorers
> Subject: Re: [nafex] [ARTICLES] Honeycrisp discussions in media
>
> I had a first encounter with Macoun two years back. The vanilla note was
> unexpected and lingered in the finish. Great apple! The season for it is
> rather brief, but so worth finding.
> I'd like to get my teeth into Keepsake - the mother of Honeycrisp by DNA
> analysis - for I read it has much more flavor with similar breaking
> texture,
> and keeps all winter in cellar.
>
> Dave Liezen
>
__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment