Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Sunday, November 8, 2015

[nafex] Late Rooted Fig Cuttings

Greetings All -

Late this summer I stumbled across a couple of new-to-me fig trees from
which I was able to take cuttings. Most are now rooted in 50/50
perlite/vermiculite. I'm wondering what the best way to get them through
winter is. I've brought them inside and have them sitting beside a sunny
south-facing window at the moment. Most still have their "nursery" leaf
still attached (on one cutting the leaf has fallen off, but it appears
fairly well-rooted).

I'm inclined to leave them as is with leaves, keep them moist, and see what
happens over winter.

Thoughts?

Pete Chrisbacher
Wilmington DE (6b)
__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment