Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Friday, December 9, 2016

Re: [nafex] Care of D. kaki seedlings

On 12/9/2016 4:51 PM, ehilborn@mebtel.net wrote:
> Thanks folks. Since this discussion I have moved my kakis into a bed of soil and buried them However, how do you protect the young seedlings' stems from voles? I'm afraid to pack straw or other material around the stems.
Well, you got me as I don't have an answer. hopefully someone else on
this chat and it does. Voles aren't a big problem here so I've not had
to face the problem. I wonder what would happen if you were to take some
mothballs, crushed them and sprinkle them near the base before you put
the mulch around them. I also wonder if woodchips would be a better
mulch than straw as I think woodchips would be less inviting, not as
easy to make a nest in. Just guessing.

Jerry
__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment