Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Re: [nafex] Care of D. kaki seedlings -- mothballs warning

Re Mothballs...

Paradichlorobenzene (PDB) mothballs are commonly used by beekeepers to
protect stored comb from attack by wax moths. Beekeepers are warned to NOT
use the napthalene Mothballs variety, as it is absorbed by the wax comb,
whereas the PDB is (supposedly) not.

Based on this and other warning I have seen for napthalene, whenever I buy
mothballs (very infrequently), I always buy the PDB variety.

I don't use Mothballs for comb protection, by the way - I protect my comb
with a light spray of a particular strain of BT.

-Pete
Kennett Square PA - 6b
__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment