Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Friday, January 29, 2016

[nafex] Jim Fruth's comments.

Jim, do you mind if I quote your comments on the Growingfruit.org forum?
Some members who don't also participate on nafex@lists might be
interested. I always thought this an ingenious strategy and reading it
again I feel foolish for never having tried it as you've been sharing this
for a very long time.

I grow sour cherries and have ZERO bird problems. Why? I hang red
plastic 'cherries' in the trees and leave them in the tree the whole year
around, replacing them as they fade. Also, I put red painted stones in the
strawberries as soon as blooming is finished. The birds peck on the rocks,
hurt their beaks and don't come back. AND I hang raspberry shaped berry
beads around the perimeter of the red raspberry patch as soon as blooming is
done. It doesn't work 100% but it helps. Black berry beads do not work
with blackberry and black raspberry and I don't know why not.
__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment