Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Sunday, August 14, 2022

[nafex] Maypops

Always great to see this list still alive! 
Having recently erected a fairly large high tunnel here in SE Vermont, I'm eager to try my hand at growing some 'marginal' (for this climate) fruiting plants. One I've always wanted to try growing is Maypop- Passiflora incarnata. 
Are any of you growing Maypops successfully in a northern locale, and if so do you have any recommendations in terms of genetics / strains to seek out? Might anyone have root sprouts of known good performers to share ? 
I'm glad to try my hand at growing some out from seed as well. I see that the Experimental Farming Network is trying to do some crowd-sourced crop improvement and selection. Perhaps I'll try to get involved. I'd love any advice or germplasm anyone here might have to offer. 
Thanks,
Devin SmithRockingham, VT

__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment