Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

[nafex] mealy medlars?

Folks,

This is my first year having fruit on my young medlar. I've tried to
follow bletting instructions.

Some of the fruits are quite soft now but when I open them, they are
brown, dry, and mealy.  They have almost no sweetness at all.

They seem to be going directly from hard to mealy. From what I've seen,
they are supposed to be soft and gooey and sweet.

I can't imagine that they can get to the gooey stage from this mealy
stage but I'm letting some continue to sit out to see what happens.

Anyone have any idea why they are dry and mealy?

--

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's MCAT Prep Book
Lead Author, Barron's MCAT Flash Cards
Lead Author, Barron's LSAT Prep Book
(505) 281-0684 (landline, no texts)
(505) 717-6394 (cell, text or voicemail)
10 am to 10 pm Mt Time, 7 days

__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment