Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Friday, October 23, 2015

[nafex] Redbud Seed Pods

Folks:

Since this opportunity only comes once a year, I'd like to extend an invitation for folks to try an experiment with me. The redbud seed pods are, now, available. I've eaten the young pods and found a few trees that produced pods that made a good pod pea substitute (many have the papery lining that make pods hard to eat but some don't have it). Now I want to see how the dried seeds taste. I'm gathering up pods now. I hope to be able to figure out a way to husk the seeds and clean them up. Once I have, I plan to boil a batch and pressure cook a batch to see how tasty they are.

Two years ago, I found honey locust seeds to be quite tasty pressure cooked and served like beans. I'd like to add another perennial legume to crops list if possible. I'd appreciate it if other folks give it a try as well so that we can compare notes.


Thanks to all,

Geoffrey Tolle
__________________
nafex mailing list
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
subscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info:
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

No comments:

Post a Comment