Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters

Northamerican Alied Fruit Experimenters
nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex

Saturday, October 18, 2014

[nafex] Hybrid walnut

In a message dated 10/17/2014 2:01:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
goatdoc@ctitech.com writes:

After I posted this I searched the internet and other than the thick light
fibrous husk the nut shows no sign of Carpathian traits.There are other
trees in the area I planted the hybrid seedlings so I'll start checking the
nuts from them.
Hi Keith,

I have a Ken Dooley black x carpathian hybrid here grafted to three
understocks. They are about 25 feet high. All 3 are very shy bearers like maybe
only 10 nuts in three years on three trees. This year found only one. They
look like your pictured husk and larger than a baseball, almost soft ball
size. Took a picture of this years single nut along side an average BK.
Thought I had pictures of one 2 years ago, but can't find it.






Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment